What has work best for me so far is watching the NHL finals online! Funny cuz I don't really fallow hockey usualy but most of my friends do. Therefore, I know my friends are going "aaaahhhh", "What!", "Damnit!" or "PATINE!" (yes, Dju, the last one was for you) at the same time as I am. I guess it makes me feel close to them even with this distance. Of course, this is only effective with a beer in hand. While my friends may be having some Moosehead or Keiths, I have a Sol Brava! (Just like Sol which is 4.5% just a little stronger, 6%, and a little cheaper! lol). I have become a typical Canadian while being here in Mexico. I say "Eh!" every now and then, I make the Germans shake there heads when I let out a beer burp, and become loud in my room while watching hockey. haha. I know I will make you all proud.
I made Mikki laugh with my hockeyness. Her being from Ste-Marie Ontario and living out of the country for over 5 years, she kinda got disconnected with hockey. I seem to put a smile on her face with my hockey comments between periods.
At work on Friday, I broke the ice after meeting some collegues by saying "Yes, I am Canadian and yes, I do love hockey. Ok, now that we got that out the way...". It made them laugh. Hope I did not come on too strong but they will quickly see that I love making people laugh,
On that note, 3rd period should start soon. Habs better bring it up a notch or they're OUT!
Mucho amor,
Val
P.S. Yes, those chips are HOT! And yes, it's Lays for Mexico. They are called Sabritas!
2 comments:
I'm real happy for you val. You seem to be having a good time. I know your going to get along with your co-workers. Keep on keepin on.
Hey Val,
On est fiere que tu demeures fidele a la tradition canadienne (hockey et biere) le samedi soir. Et oui les Canadiens sont éliminés ....:( qu`est-ce qu`on va faire asteur? Life goes on , la neige fond bien so on va etre capable de travailler dehors bientot. On te souhaite bonne chance avec ton stage et on espere que tu vas continuer a nous tiendre a jour dans ton blog.
Avec tout notre amour ,
maman et papa xox
Post a Comment