Monday, April 28, 2008

Off to Mexico! : Part 2

Newark, NJ Liberty International airport.



Currently sitting on the floor typing away next to a stinky garbage can, I am trying to kill off 1 hour before boarding my flight to Houston, TX. I enjoyed watching the "American way" to deal with airport security. They are politely pushy. The man who served me at customs was the nicest so far. He did not know what my little green booklet was (my Mexican Visa). I think he might have some Mexican in him. He did have the treats and questioned me why I was going (this was not his job actually but the next one down the line). Had a few short jokes and I moved on. I had to pass security again since I was flying in from another country. It was packed at the security gate but the service was really quick. I felt like I was in the military for that pushy and rushy minute. 

There are a lot of black people working here. Like a lot! I feel like a stupid racist saying it but it is true! I also think it's pretty cool that all the sighs are bilingual (English and Spanish). I didn't expect them to be. I already overheard some employees and travelers speaking Spanish. I got most of it! I think I'll read the Spanish side of the security instruction on the plane later. Might as well start practicing now eh! 

The tiredness is really starting to get to me. Hopefully I will be able to catch some ZzZz on this almost 4 hours flight to Houston, TX. I'll just wait till my Mac is fully charged so I may watch Juno on the plane! I'll just go read at the gate since these fruit flies are starting to piss me off!

No comments: