Monday, June 16, 2008

Ready, set, bargain!

Last week end was a full one. 

On Friday, I went out to lunch as always with some co-workers. It is always good laughs. Usualy the laughs are caused by my bad Spanish. At night, I went clubbing with Simone and some fellow Mexican at Dubai. So of course with a name like that, you know the club was quite posh. It was a pretty cool place but I was not in a mood for clubbing so I call in a early night. 

On Saturday, I got up a tad early to go to a market with Oscar and his friend Windolyn. It was really fun! I got some cheap handmade jewellery for myself and for Mare. I also got slight sunburn for free on my shoulders and face. It has now turn into a light tan so it is nice to know I can work on my tan even in the raining season. After dropping Windolyn at her place, Oscar and I went to a nice Italian bistro kind of place. We later realised how late it was and we were going to eat some Chinese with my roomies and some of their friends. Not only did we arrive later than everyone expected us, but the food was almost all ready (we were supposed to help out). So as revenge, Mikki and Simone are getting Oscar and I to make a Mexican night in a few weeks. Haha. After supper and a few drinks, we decide to go out at La Martina (or so I think it is called). We had a few drinks and chatted with friends who came to join us. It was a lovely night among friends... and rain.

On Sunday, Simone and I managed to get up early for Liz to take us at a Market. We met her at a club for a friend of a friend's Birthday. That market was bigger than the one of Saturday. In Mexico, usually bigger = louder. Sales people were screaming all sorts of none comprehensible things (well at least for me) in order to attack buyers. It was very interesting. I was happy to have some Mexican with us. They negotiated some price for me. Especially me since Simone's Spanish is way better than mine. I got some knock off Puma's for 200 pesos (about 20$ CAD), a shirt and a gift for the big bro. We went out to lunch at this lovely restaurant that apparently has the best tacos in Guadalajara. It was not the cheapest place but defiantly one of my favourite so far. Simone got some calls that lead us to some bowling and ice cream. 

Needless to say that it was a fun week end. I have many others lined up. I can't wait but yet I am already so sad. Every awesome week end that ends means that I will be leaving that much sooner. I do miss Canada and my friends but I am having so much fun here and I am surrounded by wicked people. 

On that note I will go to bed since I was kept awake by a thunder storm last night. 

Mucho amor, 

Val

This is the Market we went on Sunday.

No comments: