Monday, June 9, 2008

When dehydration hits

I got to experience the efficiency of the facilities this week end. Allow me to elaborate... It rained on Saturday night. Nothing too heavy but still a good amount of rain. That caused the electricity to go out during sometime in the early morning of Sunday. We wake up to no cable, no internet nor water. The water was the main issue here mainly cuz I was hung over on tequilla and I was very thursty! It was a real pain in the ass since we had to get water in these big 10L jugs and take them upstairs. Keep in mind that we live on the top floor (4th floor). Not too bad but it is really a long way up when you carry 10L jugs with you. I felt like a dry raisin. I later went to 7/11 with Simone to stalk up on drinkable water. I seriously think I was dehydrating. It was really hot that day as well. 

I get back from work early today since I didnt go to the gym mainly because we dont have water to shower with. I decide to do another trip of water since we have no idea when we would have water again. While I was half way up the stairs, Mikki yelled out "Hey Val, we have water again!!". I did not know if I was happy or frustrated about it. At least if it happends again, we will have a few jugs ready. Maybe an hour later or so, we got cable and internet. So I am happy about the internet since I am clearly an addict. Besides, when you are so far away from your family and friends it is nice to have the internet. 

I guess this means I need to go work on my internship report...

Mucho amor, 
Val

1 comment:

Clo-clo said...

Je suis contente de voir que toute est redevenue a la normale. Au moins t`as faite des muscles en apportant tes cruches d`eau hehe
Faite attention au Tequila, ca peut-etre traite des fois ;)