Already 3 weeks in Guadalajara... Ridiculous!! You know what I am currently missing? Speaking French damn it! I noticed every time I try to speak Spanish (like more than a sentence or a short answer) I end up saying French words in the middle of my sentence. The word makes sense with the rest and is the correct one just it is the wrong language. hehe. It is weird eh.
I just witnessed my first somewhat heavy downpour of rain. Thankfully I was indoors. It was very short and afterwards the sky was yellow and then turned red. Now the sun is set so it's just really dark. The rain really cooled things down. I just might sleep under my covers for once.
Work is still good! It was productive today. I finally got something to show for my efforts. Supervisor seems happy with my work. I'm still struggling in Spanish. Jose gave me a "task". I need to give him a Spanish work of the day. Today it was "existir" the verb "to exist". I just open my iGoogle and tell him what my "Spanish word of the day" application tells me. lol. Then he will ask me to put it in a sentence, so I will click the little plus sigh and read what it says lol. I am such a cheater. Mikki has been in Mexico for 5 years and she can barley speak any Spanish at all! So, I better apply myself or I won't learn at all.
That's pretty much it for now. Tomorrow is Festival Extremo. I will miss most of tomorrow due to work but it is ok because The Adicts and Marky Ramone are scheduled for Saturday. I am looking forward to it and hope I don't look like a totally blue eyed looser. I some what blend in here in Mexico. That is until people get close enough to see I have blue eyes. Finding someone with blue eyes in Guadalajara is like finding a needle in the hay stack. haha. I have foreigner written on my forehead. No matter. I am starting to make some Mexican friends and enjoying things quite a lot so far!
Mucho amor,
Val
p.s. I have to do a Spanish speech in a week and a half at Toastmaster.

1 comment:
Haha! You're speaking chiak but with spanish and french! Hilarious!! I'm so jealous of your festival it's crazy! Anyway, Good luck with your Spanish speech! Hope it goes well!
Mare
Post a Comment