Well, last week end I went to the Festival Extremo. It was pretty wicked!! Friday was cool. I just walked around with not too many expectations. I got a few little gifts for my friends and myself. I was followed around for a while but he bought me beer so I did not mind too much. Then he got weird so I just "lost" him in the crowd after a while lol. I discovered a wicked Mexican band called Austin TV. I got their CD and love it! I am planning on getting their older CDs as well. On Saturday, the music was a little better. It was more my cup of tea (Moby was on friday...meh). I stuck around 1 of the stages since it was mainly punk-ish music and it was at that stage that The Ramones tribute band was ganna play (Marky Ramone was ganna be on drums!!!). Afterward The Adict was ganna play!! So I was pretty stocked. During the day I chatted with this event staff guy. 2 hours later, just before Marky Ramone gets on stage, a man comes to me and asked if I wanted a backstage pass. ummm... YEAH! So I get back stage, I hear someone call my name. When I turn around, there's the man I was talking to 2 hours earlier. Turns out he's the camera man for that stage and he gets me on stage (even with VIP you cant go on stage unless you are with the band). It really does pay off to be nice to people!
So, I start freaking out when I realise I will be on the same stage as Marky Ramone! WICKED! After every song I had a "Holy shit! I'm on the damn stage with Marky Ramone" moment. It all seemed too good to be. Oh and the story is not over... The Adicts played after. A crew guys asked me to film for him so I did. After the show I spoke to the drummer who said I made him screw up cuz I was pretty lol!!! Then the Keyboard/violin guy said I was entertaining to watch and I told him I felt the same about him. lol! They were really funny and nice to hang out with. Got to love that british accent. It was the best experience of my life I think. Talk about good luck!!!!
Don't beleive me? I got pics and videos on facebook. :P
Mucho amor,
Val

2 comments:
:`( I'm jealous! haha Glad to hear you're having a blast without me! Who would have known! haahha kidding! Mouahhh! XoXo
HAHA. Mare your such a asshole. I love you.
Post a Comment