This week Oscar calls me to tell me he heard on the radio that Austin TV (discovered them at Festival Extremo. They are from Mexico) were having a signing at a CD store here. I thought "Sweet! I am so there!" I tell this to another collegues who mentionned that there is a show too! Awesome. Right after work, I go to the store and wait in line. When I went to met them I tried my Spanish. Keyword: tried. The first band member said it was ok to speak English with them. They were all sooooo nice! The first guy I spoke to asked me where I was from and when I said Canada he responded "hey, did you email us? I think I remember you.". When I confirmed this, they were all like that's cool! Told them I would get then a nice little fan base started in Canada. They actually recently played a show in Mexico with a Canadian band so that was pretty cool as well. Although, I did not know this band and I do not remember the name either.
Raul and Ger (HP coworkers) joined me at the mall. Raul had a plan to get his hands on some free tickets with a local radio station. We drove around trying to find it and running around like headless chickens. I won't go into details but long story short. We got the free tickets! I went home to change a little and then we grabbed a bite to eat at Ger's place.
The venue of the show was wicked! I absolutely loved it! I got to dicover yet another cool Mexican band called Becker. At least I think they are Mexican. Also, while waiting at the bathroom I say the girl from Austin TV. Even though they always wear masks when they are somewhere as a band, I reconised her. She had the same shirt as the signing (it was a very unique shirt). Speaking of shirts, I got myself a Austin TV shirt and sweater!
Between 2 bands, there was this TV show host walking around intervieweing random people and the band. Of course, she can to talk to me. Raul told her my Spanish was very poor but she thought she would try me anyways. EMBARASSING! haha! I was really happy I was not drinking that night cuz I would of made even more of a fool of myself! lol. Needless to say that this brought much entertainement to my friends.
The show was absolutly awesome! I am so happy I got to see Austin TV live again. Definatly a great band with so much creativity! Do not worry. I will make most of you listen to it when I come back. But till then...
Mucho amor,
Val
Me with 2 guys of Austin TV
My camera is a little crappy but this is half of one of my fav songs of Austin TV. My cam missed a few beats so it sounds weird.

No comments:
Post a Comment